Campaign planning is probably the next discussion once you have your initial strategy and budget in place. Once you have in mind how to do your on-site SEO, what your industry looks like, how much it will cost you, and how long it will take then you want to begin to think long-term.
In this industry long-term is anything from six months to two years. Most decent SEO results take six months to show for an old site, and perhaps nine to twelve months for a new site.
Perhaps a good list to go through to understand a long-term campaign would be as follows:
- Client meeting about industry and goals
- Research on industry and current website
- Proposal on on-site SEO, and basic off-site SEO such as Google My Business, Maps
- Implementation of above off-site and on-site SEO
- Start of AdWords campaign targeting those selfsame keywords
- Off-site SEO strategy session
- Beginning of off-site SEO implementation
- Monthly feedback and tweaking of whole campaign
- Within six months to have ranked on major terms
We hope that helps you to know a very general and macro perspective of what you can expect. Of course there is tonnes more to it when you drill down to the minor details of what goes on, but it is helpful to have a broad perspective to start with.